Sunday, October 15, 2006

Killjoy


Had this picture for almost a year. Sent over by Mr Bootles. Been a bit too afraid to use it... But you know what they say...Use it or lose-

Oh never mind.

Needless to say - my daughter survived the party.

Thanks for the drop ins...Always fun to see others give you parenting advice...

As it turns out, the wife did exactly what any reasonable parent would do. She talked to the parents of the girl before they went. She went over and hung out a bit. Even went with them to the haunted house 45 minutes away. Took three of the girls out when they started crying - even though my daughter - the youngest and smallest of the bunch by far - ended up going through the entire thing yelling "awesome" every time someone jumped out. Then - sometime after 10:30, my wife went home, leaving my daughter to her own devices. They stayed up late, putting on make-up and making each other laugh till they fell asleep at two.

At which point, a clown with bad teeth snuck-

Just kidding. I hope.

All is well.

Today is gear switching again. The other kid - the boy - it's his "celebration" today. His birthday - his 7th - is on Tuesday, but the party is today, since I won't be here. I think he's been excited about this day since his last birthday a year ago.

We'll see how he does.

Kid's getting bigger. He's been reading me One Fish Two Fish this week. It's great to see him read the words - then watch his face change as he goes from reading mode to comprehension mode and just light up with laughter at the idea of Mr. Gump's Wump with one lump.

So what more can one ask from a weekend? A birthday party and a sleep over - and no molesters.

All in all - I call it a win.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why must you feel the need to constantly post pictures of evil clowns? I barely got over last week's episode of Supernatural, and her you are shoving Pennywise in my face.

Great. Now I'm going to spend all day hidden in my apartment in fear.

I'm glad your daughter is not an outcast. She'll love you more now.

2:01 PM

 
Blogger wcdixon said...

...me too

10:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seconded and third. Slightly scary though. I thought Pennywise was dead.

6:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A note to Emily and anyone else struggling with Greg's mild images of bad clowns. As bad as the images on this blog have been, thank your lucky stars that you didn't agree to work on a script about bad clowns with one Mr. Greg. You know, I'm glad that his daughter isn't an outcast. I'm glad that she'll love him more. I just hope and pray she doesn't dig around in his basement and uncover an unproduced trip through Sodom and Gomorrah covered in face paint: "Killjoy"

Mr. Bootles

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jesus. I'm getting some cold sweats just thinking about that living nightmare.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger greg said...

You guys are nancies.

The script wasn't... uh... ok. It was that bad. I'll have to write a post about it to clear things up.

Maybe tomorrow... :)

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home