Monday, October 09, 2006

Through a glass darkly...


Would love to post one of the witty pictures that ties this tired post together... But a combination of blogger and the Fort Wayne International Airport Internet have left me feeling angry, frustrated and most of all...

(Oh ho ho! Look at that?!?! Not necessarily that witty - but apropos none the less... It worked!)

Tired.

Wow.

I'm starting to feel like the Machinist.

Certainly not skinny like that guy - but most definitely tired like him. I have trouble keeping my eyes open. When I turn my head - everything blurs. I feel as if I have some sort of film coating on my brain - slowing down my reaction time.

My temper is getting shorter and shorter - when usually my fuse is quite long.

It's all good though. Just another day - another city - another step.

Had a really wonderful weekend with the family. Got to spend some quality time with all those that I love and cherish - and now its back to the grind. Heading off to the great city of SF - even though my flight was cancelled - and I've been rebooked on a later flight. A flight that leaves 4 HOURS later to be exact.

Sigh.

My Full Throttle was really only designed to keep me up till I got on the plane - and then I planned on crashing. Hard. Now - I've tried to keep it going for an extra 4 HOURS and it doesn't want to cooperate.

But it's all good. Who needs a brain? Not me. Certainly not for my line of work.

Had a great email conversation with my Chinese counterpart. I'm in charge of production - he's in charge of marketing. I asked him what our marketing plan was for China. He asked me when we could talk about production. I said -anytime this week. Do you think I could see the marketing plan? He told me to call him on Wednesday. No mention of the plan.

That's how things get done, ladies and gentlemen.

On the flip side - I do have my coordinator role filled for China. But she is really bad at answering email. So somehow, I'll have to find a way to rectify that. Not exactly sure how.

Did get to meet with Ryan yesterday.

That little bastard finished another rough draft. That's his third this year.

I hate him.

Gonna read it this week. The dude is nothing if not prolific.

David had a screening of his film on Saturday. But he refuses to tell us how it went. Like a stake through my heart...

Sigh. These words look like little ants - crawling across the screen.

Time to close my eyes and make it all go away....

4 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

Man, you keep getting screwed by the airlines...good to hear it was a nice weekend - and Departed was swell, oh yes, so swell...

8:58 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, chin up! You haven't left your only overwritten screenplay languish in a closet for the last 8 months. My excuse... a podcast. Fun, but hardly 'writing.' This kid has bought large tracts of land... the really long term kind... in Lazytown.

M. Bootles

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You also don't suffer from an inability to proof read. "left your only unwritten screenplay TO languish..."

M. Bootles

8:12 AM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Awww ... and I love YOU!

If it makes you feel better, I literally spent two straight hours last night sitting in a chair trying to re-structure How to Date Your Cousin. And ... nothing.

9:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home