Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hard days night


Whew!

Beijing... Are you ready to..? Uh... Hong Kong - Are you....

Rock On!

Last day in China - and if I said it couldn't come fast enough I'd be lying. And if I couldn't write cliches - I'd have nothing to write...

Everything is a blur... I remember hotel room windows - endless taxis - crowded streets and subways and computer screens.

Three more meetings today - and then I can go. Back to the welcoming arms of my family. I love China - but I love my family more.

Went to dinner with a guy I went to highschool with last night. He's married, expecting his first kid - and still loving life here in Asia. We were never really close. He was a good guy - I was trouble. He was a basketball and soccer star - I sat bench. But we were friendly. Good to see that while high school defines a lot of who we are - the walls that were built there are easily torn down.

One nice thing about being completely cut off from the rest of the world is being able to meet with more bloggers on their sites...

Two new ones to me that are incredibly inspirational:

Unk's site

and Mystery Man's

Two guys in the trenches - cutting a path to make things better for those who follow. Thanks for stopping by and feeding the mind gentlemen - it was appreciated - all the way from the Far East.

Off to work. Time to make the Chinese Donuts....

4 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

Man that's one hell of a commute...when do you return?

10:01 PM

 
Blogger wcdixon said...

...to China I mean

10:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know that picture's ME?

Hehehe...

-MM

1:12 AM

 
Blogger Seeds of Glass said...

"if I couldn't write cliches I'd have nothing to write"

tragic. It reminds me of Bill's eternal summer-project-defeatism propaganda. Have you been inflected by it?

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home