Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Don't throw cats....



Ever see the Jerk? Great movie - for all you children out there. Steve Martin's first - back when he was unsophisticated and still very funny.

Finished off the China/Hong Kong trip with a bang.

Met with a great post house in the morning. Another company run by incredibly smart and talented women. I guess it won't be long before they take over the world. And I thought Asia might be the last bastion of class oppression...

Last night met with a kid who went to my rival school in Taipei. He is now working here in Hong Kong with companies that need machine manufacturing done in China. He associate produced a big documentary in China last year - and while is very interested in production - has a very realistic view of the toll it takes on every part of your life.

I left him after dinner and met with a guy who does a lot of casting for American films that come here. He just finished Rush Hour 3 - and worked on Ang Lee's new movie too. Also did two of my favorite Wong Kar Wai's films. In fact - he quit 2046 just because it was so tough to work with the guy.

Really great guy and is very happy to help with our project.

But had some sad news yesterday. My wife had some trouble while I was gone. This job requires enormous amounts of traveling - and so some tough decisions will need to be made. So that talk will happen this weekend. It's not easy on either of us being apart like that when we actually - unlike a lot of couples - really enjoy being together... So hopefully there will be some middle ground here.

So that brings the big China trip to a close. I'm jumping in the shower - then the plane - and then the wide open arms of the good old U S of A.

While I'm dying of claustrophobia on my 14 hour flight - amuse yourselves with this...

3 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Call me when you get back and are awake/sane, so that I can rub in the fact that while you were abandoning your wife in China, I finished up The Other Woman.

:D

9:06 AM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

Hope everything's okay at the homestead brother~~

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Seeds of Glass said...

I'm praying for you. For your flight and family...take care.

12:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home