Thursday, October 12, 2006

Old stories die hard....

Is this gonna be a habit?

If so, things could get really boring – since I’m not as inclined to download crazy animal humping picures on my work computer…But for some reason – the internet was not my friend this morning and refused to allow me to upload pictures.

That and the fact that I’m actually going to bed before midnight and waking up at 7 – I run out of time to do something constructive – like blog. But thankfully – that’s what work is for.

Had a great talk with David last night. He is in a great position with his film – where people are already seeking him out and they haven’t even seen it yet. People are chasing him. What fun.

I remember those days – although they are getting so far away now its hard to remember. Once – long ago – I was seen as a hot young thing by Hollywood – although it was the last thing I wanted – I certainly didn’t complain when it did. And by hot young thing, I mean like flavor of the second. I faded out before I could really even fade in. My rise and fall was faster than a vapor. Quicker than a virgin’s honeymoon.

Don’t think I ever told the whole thing – but here is the basics.

I wrote a script. Shawn and I raised a million bucks to shoot it. We moved to Indiana to do it. Went to LA to try to get some more money. Met a producer. He gave it to STAR2 who loved it. Then gave it to STAR1 – who wanted to play the lead. Suddenly we were getting read all over town. Lots of attention. Signed not one – but three options – the last with a really great mini-major. Had a green light and a start date. Got an agent and a manager. Lots of meetings.

Then – the sky fell.

STAR1 dropped out. Movie went to turnaround. And all was lost.

Don’t feel bad. It was only two years of my life.

I got better. I think.

Now STAR1 wants back in. Wants to shoot after he finishes his big budget studio film that he’s doing now. Says he’s all excited.

Who knows.

I just go to China and try to stay out of the way. The road to Hollywood is paved with broken dreams and lies sold straight to your face on the blood on children. How can you trust anyone?

But as I told David. Celebrate each call. Treat each person that seeks you out like they deserve your respect. In the end each little victory is nice.

And in the end- those little victories might be all you ever get…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home