Thursday, June 29, 2006

What does $250million look like?


I am always curious as to what the most expensive movie in the world would look like.

Hmmm.

Maybe I won't be anymore.

Last year - it was Kong. Bleah.

Now. Superman. Yawn.

I was really excited and gathered my co-workers as we got advanced tickets to go see the show last night.

Advanced tickets were hardly necessary as the theater was only half full.

I expected to wait in a long line when we got there - but as we went into the stadium theater 20 minutes before showtime - the only people there were the ushers who told us they were still cleaning.

The orphan and I went in and sat through the first race in Fast and the Furious 3. Dialog was awful. Race was fun. Movie looked bad...

But not as bad as what I saw later.

We went back to the theater 5 minutes before showtime - and there were literally 10 people in there.

Not a good sign.

So everyone finally made it and we saw the film.

Look out! Spoiler ahead!

Instead of Superman, I think this films should have been called Super Martyr cause I thought it Supersucked.

Yes. It is pretty. Yes. Superman looks very gay. Yes. He can fly. And spends entirely too much time doing so.

Here is the bottom line.

Superman doesn't do anything. He flies. He stops a bullet with his eye. Big whoop.

He NEVER HITS ANYONE. HE NEVER DOES ANYTHING.

Sure he throws some stuff in space. But who cares.

He flies. He stares at Lois.

Whatever.

Kevin Spacey looks like he had fun - but he barely has anytime with Superman - who - incidentally - is the only one who gets his ass kicked in the movie.

Superman does nothing to the bad guys. Any of them.

So whatever. I thought this movie was boring. Slow. I didn't care. And I wanted it to end.

If anything... you feel sorry for Superman. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? PITY FOR SUPERMAN?

Sigh. At least X-men beat somebody up. And killed people. Even characters we liked.

If you had all the power in the world - wouldn't you wanna hit somebody? I'd be busting some ass... all the way to Uranus....Come on!

And superbaby? What the hell is up with that....?

Anyways... Fast and the Furious looks more entertaining now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home