Saturday, June 24, 2006

Benefits of a Real Job


Hard to believe that after just one month of work here - I look like this!

Better buy some new clothes...

(not sure what is up with the speedo - but whatever is in there is very very unnatural...)

I think there is nothing like work to make you long for the time to write.

Everyday that I go in - I want more and more to be able to return home and kick into a story.

But inevitably - I fall asleep instead.
Or talk to my wife.
Or play with the kids.
Or watch a movie.
Or get on the phone with LA.

It is the nature of my business to conspire against creativity.

The really encouraging thing is that - in a month or so - when all this is done - and I have all the time in the world to write -

that creativity itself can strangle a man. Without the excuse of a job to stand in my way - I can create new excuses... :)

But my last script poured out of me like lava after a four month stint producing. And I hope the next one will too. I really really love the idea - I just am missing a few beats.

But the nice thing is that there is still a lot of columns to be repainted. So there is still time to figure it all out.

Till then - its back to working on the muscles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home