Sunday, June 25, 2006

Stuck in the middle



It's my wife's birthday today.
And her mother's birthday as well. How's that for a present.

It's also our only day off today.

I really want to write. To sit down and let it all start to pour.

But I feel creatively constipated.

I have a huge amount of work done for what I am tentatively calling my "medal of honor" script. The end - the middle - and a lot of scenes for the beginning. But seeing as how I really don't like to tell a story sequentially - I am unsure as to exactly how I want to start it.

I know how it ends - and how it builds - but not how to start it.

And it is already running on full steam. A simple plan that explodes into way too many complications right away. But I am still not ready to jump in.

Need more notes. More organization. Probably need a gay board like Ryan has.

So I am not ready. And the day is almost over. And I am very very unsatisfied with my output.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel more fulfilled.

Or at least tired.

On the plus side - my son Jordan listed three ways that boys are better than girls.

1. Boys can protect girls.
2. Boys can buy girls presents for their birthdays.
3. Boys are just better. That's it.

So there you go.

1 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Just pick a beginning, you pansy wee girl.

Or get a board. You know you want to.

Or better yet, come back to Warsaw so I can tell you what to do.

There you go.

You know how I know you're gay? You said, "creatively constipated."

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home