Monday, February 12, 2007

Sad and pathetic


I've been reduced to crazy pictures of cats.

Long day. Longer story.

Started out great. Had breakfast with the parents after dropping the kids off at school. And I literally mean - I dropped the kids off at school - not like I dropped the kids off at the pool...If you know what I mean.

Got the wife and stopped by the library - and then went into Ft Wayne for our little Valentines Day together. We wanted to see Music and Lyrics - but realized it doesn't open till Wednesday. Thought about going to see Night at the Museum - but instead decided to just spend time together. So we sat in the bookstore.

After coming back to town - had a little parent teacher conference about my son. He's a dreamer and a drifter. But it is first grade. Teacher was just letting us know. She said he could go either way... Same was said about me. Many times. Even to this day....

Then the panic set it.

Saw the weather and suddenly there is a huge storm headed for us. 12-18 inches of snow - and white outs on the highway for tomorrow. Of course - I'm supposed to get up in the morning and drive to Ft Wayne to try to fly to Chicago. Which would be in the middle of the storm.

So instead - I try to do the right thing and be Proactive...So I call and let them know about the storm and how there will be problems - and I offer to drive over here myself - 3 hours - tonight - so that I have a better chance of catching the China flight tomorrow....

Instead they offer to change my ticket to coach and don't wanna pay for my hotel.

Should have just sat all day in the airport tomorrow and smiled as I missed two flights.

Instead - I wait around for them to make a decision - which finally comes in around 8:00 EST - and that was - get on the road towards Chicago - we will make a decision later.

So I jumped in the car and headed over here.

About 9 - they called and finally had a hotel and flight. Go figure. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

One day I will learn. That's the difference between a company guy and an indy freelancer who is used to trying to anticipate and do the right thing... and always getting slapped in the face for it.

Of course - what do I know? I wired on Full Throttle and ready to face a snow storm and a trip to Shanghai...

Better shut my damn mouth and shove it full of invisible knuckle sandwich.

Hopefully more from China later...

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do they have invisible pizza too?

3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home