Friday, February 09, 2007

Hungry?


I don't know where this place is... but it's not in Indiana...

Speaking of which - I went out to dinner last night with the Germans.

The International department of this company has grown by leaps and bounds. Before I came - there was a German girl and a Japanese girl. I was third. Now there is another German guy and another Japanese Guy.

And for China - there is still just me.

The China stands alone... the China stands alone....

We did what any co-workers do - which I guess is complain about work and their bosses. We are all management though - so we complain about ourselves as well. Productive!

The German guy is an older gentleman. 50 something. But a great guy. He has been producing political activist documentaries for years. Always very edgy. He is really cool and has so much experience and approaches everything with sort of a bemused grin.

Like me - he has been freelance all his life.

Both of us chaffe against the corporate side of things. But we are learning to adjust... maybe just a little.

And being here in SF is kinda funny. I bought a whole slew of T shirts in China with a communist theme - Pictures of Mao, red with the big yellow star, and various propaganda posters. I got some for the kids too - cause something brings a sick smile to my face to see my kids wearing those to school in the middle of small town Indiana.

Out here - people get excited about them. They want me to get them some.

Not exactly the reaction I wanted.

In a place like this - I smile a lot and don't talk too much about anything political or religious.

Of course - in Indiana - I do the same thing... :)

Time for breakfast... Gotta get me some Negro while its hot....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is........just.....raciest...........

2:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home