Thursday, January 04, 2007

If it's Thursday, it must be San Francisco


Welcome back.

It was my first day back in the office in over a month and a half.

Between shoots in LA with a couple young starlets - and a month long jag in China for a big shoot - I hadn't been back here in SF since mid November.

Reading Mr Dixon's blog today helps me keep perspective that this is a an industry wide curse. Just gotta keep proper perspective.

It was nice that everyone seemed happy to see me. And theoretically - I am a full timer now - even though I don't live here or spend more than a couple weeks a month here - and I'm still relegated to a desk in the middle of the production bullpen.

But I'm not complaining.

I had a meeting with the top guys yesterday. Sort of the big debrief of where things stand and how the shoot went. I brought back copies of the footage on DVDs. But they're PAL DVDs... so they wouldn't play on the computers in the conference room. They got to see a bit of the footage. They seemed to think it was OK.

Later - the head producer and head of post watched it - and really responded well.

I still count my days.

Working in this kind of corporate type place is tricky and I'm not usually cut out for sitting back and letting things happen. But I'll try to watch my tongue and be cool...

For now.

Gonna set up another trip to China today. Gotta get back and see how the business is going and set up the next shoot and track our progress.

And as for the rest of this week?

I'm trying desperately to load in my DVDs into final cut and do a bit of editing on my laptop.

Go figure.

Got 40 pages from David I need to read and respond to - and I've got plenty of writing of my own that needs to be done.

Lots of "to do-s" and little "already done-s." But the day is just beginning.

Oh yeah. Say Dreamgirls last night. What was I thinking? I love R&B and soul music - but I hate musicals - and now I remember why. I really liked the film - for the most part - but still can't stand when people just break out in song. The movie was filled with great performances - Eddie Murphy, Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce Knowles - and what surprised me the most was Jamie Fox. I knew he was great- but I thought he really had to anchor this film and nobody is talking about him...

Back to the grind. If I can just keep my mouth shut - I might be able to keep this job...

1 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Did you forget the flower in your hair?

I *told* you to wear a flower in your hair.

Be sure, I said. Be sure.

To my thinking, the flower might distract them from the Big Middle Finger, so you cna keep the job.

12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home