Friday, December 29, 2006

Man... It smells like Up Dog in here...


What's up dog?
Not much. What's up with you?

Big media night last night. Jet lag extends my day way into the night.

Went to the library the other night to try to get the book from which the short story came from my Paramount Producer. That book wasn't in - but another one from the same author was. Started reading it yesterday and I'm hooked on his voice.

Watched back to back to back movies last night.

Monster House for the kids. Had a big fight with my sister in law this summer when she wanted us all to go see the film - but I had issues with taking my kids before I saw it. It was PG-13 - and people were talking about how intense it was. For my kids - who generally aren't scared at much - I still wanted to make it was OK before we went - hence the big fight. I rented it for them last night with the condition that if it was too intense, we would turn it off.

It did get a bit scary - and my son climbed up on the couch and laid in my arms while we watched - but it was also a lot of fun. Don't really buy the big premise of the film - which was some crazy cartoon logic - but the execution was fun. My kids stayed transfixed for the entire run of extras too - explaining the whole motion capture process.

Next was Friends with Money - for my wife. She had wanted to see the film - and I wasn't too excited. It had chatty cathy chick flick written all over it. Much to my surprise - I liked it better than her. While the problems in the movie would be nice problems to have - too much money and the problems it entails - the message of the film was great - that we need to learn to love each other despite our problems. The dialog and acting were about as perfect as can be - and I was just fascinated by the characters. Really enjoyed this one.

Next was the Proposition - for me. Really bloody and moody. Everyone was comparing it to Unforgiven - which is one of my favorite films - but it didn't come close to me. I love the actors in it - but the movie just didn't work for me. I was much more interested in the special features that talked about the climate of the outback in Australia in the 1800's and the problems they had then. There was an interesting film to be made there - and I know a lot of people loved this one - but not me.

I did get a bit more writing done last night. But just a bit.

Today I will get more. I promise. Cause I gots ideas...

Tired of being another fat lazy dog. At least I think I am....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home