Thursday, November 09, 2006

Give me grace...



Heading home.

Finally.

Had a great night last night. Went out with my old friend Hogan - as in Hogan's heroes. Hogan was my old Chinese producer. Since we left he started a company to teach English and has a daily TV show. He has expanded it to 18 schools across the country and just sold off half of his company for huge dollars.

He is now getting ready to make Mobile phone programming.

He told me as soon as I am ready - he wants to fund a movie. He also wants to start a film school over here - and would be willing to fly potential teachers over for a free vacation. Any takers?

Then met with one of my oldest and dearest high school friends. He is one of two twins. His parents were told the reason they didn't get into NHS in high school was because I was their friend.

Both of them are pastors now. David owns a language school here in Beijing as well - but it is one that teaches Chinese to foreigners. If you need a hook up...

Looking at each other now - some 20 years past high school - its nice to look back and smile - instead of getting upset.

Where would we be without grace? From God and from each other?

There is so much nonsense out there. So many people feeding you crap.

Its good to have friends and family. Cherish them and give them room to grow and screw up - cause we all do. Every day. Its one of the only constants.

See what happens?

The longer I'm away from home - the sappier I get. I was tearing up during Sister Act 2 on HBO China last night.

Whew. Time to get on the plane.

Back to America. Back to cynicism. Back to reality.

Only three more clown free days here as well....

So I'm off to my 14 hour flight now. Back on Friday...

Till then - may the force be with you, fool!

2 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

I pity the sith!

Hey, good post. Nice to remember being human counts, too.

Thanks.

Now get back to this country (which has changed since you've gone, praise all that is holy) and focus on THE SHIT I NEED FROM YOU.

After all, it is all about me, right?

(By the way, I'll go teach in China...)

10:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long is this China teaching job? I don't know that much about film from an educator's perspective, but I can teach Hamlet to gang bangers. How tough can a Chinese film class be?

6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home