Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lost in Translation



This is a problem I have.

Sometimes - I'll take something so simple and complicate it to the point of absurdity by over thinking it.

I want to get a haircut.

With all this stinking travel - I find the little things fall by the wayside. And right now - I'd make a great keyboard player in an 80's new wave band. All I'm missing is the skinny piano key leather tie.

I swear I walked over 4 miles today trying to find a place. And once I did - I refused to go in.

Right now - in Beijing - big crazy hair is the craze. A few years back, it was dying your hair red. Now - perms are hot. Big wavy crazy hair is all the rage. And the two places I found were full of guys looking like that.

I couldn't bring myself to go in.

I need a haircut - and all I usually tell the barber is: Make it shorter. But I was freaking out at the thought of leaving the shop looking like one of those guys.

In between searching for a barber - I bought a couple movies. Watched Lucky Number Slevin tonight. Didn't do well at all at the box office - and with probably a good reason. But - there is a lot of style to the film - and I love the art direction. Josh Hartnett acts better than in anything I've seen him in - and the scenes with Lucy Lui were really fun.

That said - the plot blows.

But the dialog is great.

Hmmm.

Wrote a bit today. I keep polishing the same five pages - looking to break into the big first act. And then I spent some time writing for my shoot next month.

Tomorrow I sit with the production company again. We talk deal now - and prep for next month when we shoot the models. Director Hu wants me to bring my stuff for basketball again - so I have a promise to have a pain-filled weekend of pulsing joints and aching bones. But it's all worth it if I can hit a couple lay-ups.

Not sleeping or eating well yet. Spent most of the day with a pounding headache.

Will try to remedy this by not thinking as much. And getting a haircut.

But the little mustache stays.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there an American military base nearby? They'll cut your hair for cheap.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger wcdixon said...

What are we tslking about here: more 'Flock of Seagulls' or 'Thompson Twins'? Or 'Duran Duran' or 'Human League'?

9:43 PM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Just suck it up and razor it all off. You'll be happier. Uglier, but happier.

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home