Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy....


Happy Birthday to you... And to me....

Another year older and obviously none the wiser.

Last year I was in VA producing a series with my good friend David - racing pell-mell towards crazy deadlines. My wife opened her big mouth and I had an office full of people embarrassing me.

This year - I can suffer quietly - alone in the knowledge that no one in China knows that I have silently aged another year right in front of them.

Great thing about this business - you never know where you might be a year from now.
Sucky thing about this business - you never know where you might be a year from now.

Everyday - something new. Some crazy place trying to do the impossible. Always fresh - always hard. Amazingly difficult and challenging - requiring more of you than you knew you had to give. Physically draining - mentally taxing - creatively freeing.

Paid well to dress sloppy.

What's not to like?

Who knows what lies ahead? I just pray that God continues to open doors and that I can be man enough to go where he leads.

Until then - thanks for stopping by.

And - no more clown pictures - at least for the week.

CHINA UPDATE:

Went out to those incredible villas yesterday. Built right next to the Great Wall. Crazy. Unfortunately - only three were empty. I bought a book that has pictures of everything - and feel as if we could really do a lot of shooting there - but the deal would have to be right.

We will meet with them today to talk price.

Also sitting down with Director Hu to see where the budget is going and if I completely freaked him out. I hope I can calm him down.

Tomorrow - we go on set with him as he shoots a commercial - and then - Thursday - I gets to go home!

Peace out!

3 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Happy birthday old man!

Paid well to dress sloppy. Love that about this gig.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Letthieri said...

Happy birthday! :)

4:46 PM

 
Blogger wcdixon said...

Happy birthday mate. Play safe over there.

1:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home