Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Could be wading into trouble



Heading back to SF today.

Could be wading into a river of you-know-but-don't-need-me-to-say-it.

My "official" contract ended two weeks ago and I am not subsiding on the double secret extended contract. Now we need to decide how to move forward.

This is mostly being pushed on my part.

I think for all intensive purposes the SF company would be more than happy to have me working on an extended basis - happily filing invoices each week and flying back and forth forever.

But for me and my house: we would prefer benefits.

I actually cannot remember the last time I had employer provided health care. It has to be in the last decade - but for the life of me - I can't remember. I usually don't like to be part of any company that would want me for an employee - and I know most companies feel the same way bout me.

Like a famous manager once told me - I am like a big middle finger.

And really I don't know how to change that.

So with that said - I like this company. For the most part. And I really like the people that work there. But it is a dicey situation.

I'm trying to get on salary before the holidays - and get some damn benefits. A year ago - on my way to LA to sign my contract with the mini-major that was to be doing my feature - I ate an almond and broke a piece off one of my teeth.

It is still broken over a year later.

I could possible have a broken toe. I don't think its broken. Or if it was - it has now healed back in a bad way. But I don't really know - except that when I play basketball - I usually get some intense pain from it.

So I should have it looked at.

The kids teeth keep falling out and coming back in looking like a fence that got hit by a drunk driver.

Sigh.

We should take care of that... But they can do some really crazy whistles - so I hate to deny the world that gift...

So it should be interesting.

And I have another China trip on the books for a couple weeks from now - for 18 days... so its a big one.

Also meeting with my old film producer in LA this weekend. He is getting off the big Sean Penn film - and I'm gonna swing by the studio to see him and talk about ways we might get the film going again. So there is that as well.

So its off to SF. And then LA. Teaching Chinese to the stars.

Go figure.

Just gotta watch where I step.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

Dude - you have your 'issues', but you have a family. Get the benefits, even if that means 'employee' status. No two ways about it...

11:35 PM

 
Blogger Ballenchayne said...

My love. If I am not mistaken, it's "for all INTENTS AND purposes". Google it if you think I'm wrong. Otherwise, you may not make fun of the filipinos in your life who have said "SAHL-MON", "BAGE" and "MAHNK".

Also, that PMSing spawn of ours came SEVEN hours after my water broke and I did get the epidural. Your son came 2 hours after the first contraction because you poked him in the head. Thanks to you I did not get to have the bloody epidural. We are getting old, but let's try to keep the facts straight! Gohhhsh!

6:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home