Saturday, September 30, 2006

The sound of the other shoe falling...


I thought I had it beat.

I swear I was doing good. I just had that really bad headache one night - but then today happened and it all came crashing back. So there you go - its what you get for being cocky.

Had another interview yesterday. There is this really cool area north of Beijing - towards the airport. It was an old ammunition factory that was abandoned and now turned into an art complex. I met the girl there - and sadly she is extremely overqualified for the job. But it was great to waltz around and soak in the pretentiousness of the Beijing Modern Art scene.

Came back to the hotel intent on getting some lunch - but after an hour in the cab - I was sleepy. So I crashed till dinner. Then went downstairs to try the all star sea food buffet that the hotel offered. And I was hungry - I thought - cause I didn't eat all day.

Needless to say - the buffet looked horrible. I settled for a bowl of seafood chowder and came back the room. I wanted to go out or do something -but instead, I crashed out at 8:30 - and sure as snot I was up at 3am.

Blah.

But I did watch my one Beijing purchase - a pirated copy of Thank you for smoking. Read the book a couple trips ago and liked it - and loved the movie even more. It's a must see...

Today I pack up and head out for H'S for 5 days. The adventure continues.

More later - from Southern China...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home