Sunday, September 24, 2006

BUSTED!


So that happened....

It's not that I have a "double life." It's all just one life - with two sides...

And I don't have superpowers - unless you call being able to lure small children into old rusty vans superpowers.

And I know it "looks" like I'm getting arrested... But that's what its supposed to look like. We have a deal - this cop and I. He "arrests" me - to keep up my street cred - and I give him "the word on the street."

Yesterday was a blur.

Chicago was basically shut down on Friday with strong winds. Every flight going in or out way delayed or cancelled. Coming back from SF put me back 4 hours - and so I had my wife drive to Chicago to pick me up. Going to Ft Wayne to get me is an hour. Going to Chicago is usually 2.5 hours - but there is all sorts of construction that we didn't count on - that took her closer to 4 hours to get there.

I stood outside of the airport on the curb waiting for the last 1.5 hours.

We got home about 3:30am. And my suitcase made it to Ft Wayne ahead of me.

Did spend some quality time with the family though. Took the boy to get a haircut. Got mine done as well. Went to the airport to get said suitcase. Picked up the latest Battlestar Galatica DVD set - in order to prepare for the 14 hour flight I have before me tomorrow.

Sigh.

China.

Wonder what they'll think of the squeaky nose?

1 Comments:

Blogger brenderlin said...

My season 2.5 DVD came in the mail just the other day. The extended Pegasus episode is quite good. It drags a bit - probably a good thing they just showed the shorter version - but it feels like an extended Lord of the Rings DVD. You know it's not the REAL movie, it's the real movie PLUS another hour or two (and for a 1-hour TV show, that makes it another 20 minutes).

I am counting down the days until Oct. 6th...

8:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home