Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bubble burst


Yesterday was like that.

It ended with seeing Idiocracy.
This is the new movie from the guy who did Office Space and Bevis and Butthead - two things I found very funny. This stars Luke Wilson and Maya Rudolph - two people I find very funny.
And let me say that there is a reason the film sat on the shelf for so long and why it is only being sent out in limited release.

It sucked. Yeah I laughed a few times - but it is bad.

And it capped kind of a bad day.

What started with high expectations and excitement - was quickly flattened - when I got to meet with the president of the company. It wasn't that he said anything I didn't expect to hear - they still have some horrible deadlines and the expectations are mind-blowing. It's just that there won't be as much production being done as I was originally led to believe.

At least at first.

They do want a ton of things done - there just isn't the people in place to do it. So they would rather do something inferior quickly than throw money at doing something right in the bigger picture.

Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

But still depressing.

I love big deadlines and big expectations. I love working to pull off the impossible. So when things are built up - its hard when the air is let out of the balloon... And my writing sounds like the sound that balloon makes...

WHIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE.

So I have to regroup. Two more meetings today - and then I'm done here. So... If I can survive... And kick it out... I move on.

And if not.... Well.....

1 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Well, I don't know why you're upset. After months of writing, kicking out something inferior quickly should be right up your street.

Oh, snap! No he didn't!

5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home