Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A dish best served cold



So as usual - the joke is on me.

STAR1's agent called me last week. I didn't call back. Was gonna call on Monday - but got an urgent email from my Paramount producer that there was a really great director that loved the script and wanted to move on it - and could I wait to make the deal for a couple days?

Turns out - there were two guys.

One director has a great resume. Lots of TV - but some of my favorite TV. He did a movie - that wasn't so good.

The other guy is THE FINNISH GUY! The same guy who wanted me to write a script for him and I didn't - and then he told me I would never make it in this town. The same guy that keeps coming back again and again... Hilarious!

What a freaking joke. Who is this guy and how does he move in these circles?

Sigh.

I'm gonna go cry in my milk.

Woke at 5:30 again.

But today I feel as if I broke a bit more story. I sort of stalled out on page 20 of my script - and now I feel as if I'm getting the direction I want to go. I love a story that takes major turns - but sometimes I make too many turns and make it tough to keep the through line emotionally there. So I'm working on stretching and flipping... and I think it will work.

Its still a dark and twisty story - but I really like it. And if my script that people like is any indication - this one should be right up their alley.

Off to the gym.

And hopefully, the heads I knock today won't be my own.

1 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

You're about to get all confused by the various interests and options and get too turned around to actually do anything, aren't you? I can see it coming, you pansy little girl.

Are you going to be back tomorrow that we might meet? Or what's the deal with that, anyway?

11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home