Friday, August 11, 2006

Spank me....


I must be dreaming.

So it breaks down like this.

First - I get a call from LA yesterday. I think this must be from something to do with the movie...

but it is in relation to the job in SF. The SF company is the production - film production, not like manufacturing production - arm of the LA company that actually produces the product.

Apparently - the head of International wants to meet with me. So they want me to fly out next week. So this is really good news. I get to wow him with my brilliance and see if they like me enough to actually make an offer.

So I asked them to extend my ticket out for a week.

Because...

I got on the phone with STAR1's brother.

He really wants to partner up. He wants this to be his brother's next film AFTER THE REALLY HUGE FILM HE JUST SIGNED TO DO TODAY. He wants to up the budget - lock STAR2 back in - and get packaged from the great agency they are now at.

He is willing to put in lots of contingencies so the material reverts back to me at different milestones if they haven't delivered what they said they would...

So it is interesting.

He told his side of the whole " this is why the film went bad and we walked away from a green-lit fully financed film a month before the start date." While he sounded quite convinced that his version was correct - I don't buy it.

Needless to say - I was using my Hollywood memory and pretended like it didn't matter.

We are gonna sit down for lunch next week and talk. So who knows...

In other news -

I wrote yesterday.

Not a lot. Not very well. And it was lost when my laptop froze...

But it was writing.

And today - I'm gonna do it again. And have something to show Ryan tonight when we meet.

NOTE:

Huge props to Blair who convinced his superiors at his ridiculously padded government job that a silly fake show that no one will ever see was worth a gazillion dollar investment and that by saving the whole company he was actually worth a raise as well.

Genius!

Go get 'em tiger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home