Thursday, July 27, 2006

Curious



So I'm back.

Would've posted yesterday - but there was a "blogger" issue.

Here is the latest:

Interview went great. Company is still defining exactly what they need. Not exactly sure at this moment.
Unless they are telling me that because I am exactly what they don't need.
And that could be true - although I don't necessarily think that is the case.
Necessarily.
I think.

So who knows.

Of much more interest to you is this:

I have to drive Bill to get his car yesterday - and I drop him off. The orphan and I are stuck in tunnel traffic - and guess who calls back.

STAR1's agent.

He just got back from NY meeting with the kid - and the kid wants to do the movie. Even gives me a start date. Tells me that their agency - which is known for packaging all sorts of projects now - wants to raise a lot of the money. That they want to take the film out. STAR1 is about to jump into another $100m film - and wants this to be his next one.

I say - well....I have walked this road with him before - for two years. Not sure how I feel about his promises again. He said I could have it on paper as soon as the money was there.

Interesting.

Told him I'd call him back.

My agents - who have been director shopping - think it's nonsense. They want to attach a guy from our agency who is a great editor - and a decent director. He is just finishing a sequel to a movie that opened great - but sucked. His movie is supposed to be good.

I watched this guy's first film. While the movie was not good - it was very well directed. And he has edited some great films. So he is probably pretty cool.

Another director who is better known really liked the script - but hasn't decided if he wants this to be his next film or not.

So it keeps spinning.

3 calls yesterday.

15 minutes with STAR1's agent.
40 minutes with my agents.
30 minutes with the manager.

See?

All I needed was the potential for work - and there goes the movie again.

Somewhere - God is laughing.

And all I wanted was a piece of cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home