Thursday, July 20, 2006

Yesterday - all my troubles are still here today



There is probably no better feeling in the world than when someone comes up to me on the shoot as I am painting something - or carrying something - or sweeping up after people - and they decide this is the perfect time to ask me:

Hey. Aren't you supposed to be shooting a feature now? What happened with that?

I like to think that I don't have much of an ego or pride - but I must have a little - cause it still hurts like a paper cut to the tongue.

Most of the guys on the crew are ones that I have hired over the years to work for me.

Now - I work for them. Perfect proof that God has a sense of humor. Others might say he has a perfect sense of justice...

In the mean time - no news on the script. Still waiting on the big director.

But I did get to enjoy the suckerpunch deluxe of telling my dad - who blew out his knee the day before I left to come to this job - who moved to this small town in Indiana to be near his kids and grandkids - who has spent the last 60 days learning to walk again - who is very excited that this job is coming to a close -

I got to tell him that we might be packing up and moving to California.

I can see his face trying to stretch into a very painful smile - as he stumbles to the ground in shock.

On the funny tip -

While breaking down flats yesterday - one of the kids - Joel, 16 - was trying to screw stuff in while I held it together. He stripped three screws and kept blaming the screws.

I asked him:
Who taught you how to screw boy?

Joel: (under his breath)
You're momma....

I start laughing... Hard enough to almost drop the 10 foot flats...

What did you say?

Joel:
I think you heard me just fine...

And that, my friends, is the clarion call to move on....

1 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Is this "moving to California" spirit evidence of one or more of your job interviews going well?

Who am I going to get to kick my ass over my unwritten scripts? Need I remind you that the world revolves around me?

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home