Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sickening



There really is nothing to write about this.
It has been said to the point that really there is nothing more to be said.

But if you must see it -
See it with friends. In as full a theater as you can find.

And laugh.

I forgot that right when I first got my agents - they put me up for a rewrite on Sam Jackson's dialog on this film.

Needless to say I got read - but didn't get the job.

But boy oh boy - they sure could've used it.

This is a great example of a movie that feels like a first draft. It delivers the fun and games in act two - but act one and three feel rushed - thrown together - and lacking in any logic. And some movies that do that you don't care - but this one I did.

It's not to say it wasn't fun.
And you got to see snakes bite everything. Every body part - everything.
And yes - I jumped. High. One time. Cursing and hiding my eyes.

In the end - they delivered exactly what they promised.

BEEP BEEP snakes on a BEEP BEEP-ing plane.

No more. No less.

3 Comments:

Blogger brenderlin said...

I really think that the bad dialogue was part of the fun. It might have been unintentional, but I'm not sure if the movie would have been as fun without the B-movie grade dialogue.

9:41 PM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

I always thought that the camp was the whole point of SoaP. But I haven't seen it yet, so I can't judge.

11:54 PM

 
Blogger greg said...

i didn't really have a beef with the dialog as much as i did the horrible story logic.

i mean - the big climax revolves around restoring the air conditioning because its getting too hot?

come on...

and it wasn't just that the dialog is bad - its that you have Sam MFing Jackson in your movie. and the best line he got out of his mouth was written by Josh Friedman in his blog - and then put in the movie for the reshoots...

i want it to be bad. i want it to be silly.
just doesn't have to be stupid too.

all in all - i still liked it. but it could have been a classic - if it just had a logic pass

1:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home