Friday, August 18, 2006

Not to complain...


But I'm going to anyway.

The hotel was nice. Beautiful even. Hard to believe they would put someone like me up there.

The problem is that I'm someone like me...

I guess when you grow up poor - it takes a lifetime of money to change you.

And for that - I'm not necessarily complaining. And I know we were still better off than most...

But when you are put into luxury accommodations - its hard not to bicker over the little things.

Like $30 dollar parking overnight.

OR

$10 to connect to the internet.

I wanted to tell them that Holiday Inn had internet for free - but I couldn't get their attention in my T-shirt and shorts.

Before my interview - I drove through this neighborhood with my laptop in the seat next to me trying to get a wireless signal. Yes - I have become that guy....But there was this Hispanic kid delivering fliers that kept watching me - and he also got all the dogs barking -

Needless to say - I didn't get a connection.

So here I am today.

Yesterday was fun - in a "if you can call a 3 hour interview" fun- kinda way.

I came in and immediately sat with two of the top international guys and they quizzed me for two hours. Then the President came in and spent an hour with me.

I think I did fine. I know they all liked me. It really will come down to how the other candidate - a yucky girl - compares to me. They have no questions about my experience... Its just a matter of apples and bananas...

The stinky girl interviews today. So we will see.

I am really not that much one way or another.

I did explain to them that if I was to do this - I would start over with everything they've done and do all original localized production. They seemed to like that - as the company wants to throw money at this area.

And Monday I meet with Star1's Brother.

So I know how this will work.
Either I don't get the job and the movie doesn't go
OR
I get the job and the movie is greenlit.

Bleah.

Afterwards - I walked the Promenade and watched The Descent - eh... and Little Miss Sunshine... I liked that a lot. A very low key comedy with brilliant performances.

Staying at John's place - so I can steal internet from his neighbors.

Off to Paramount today and then meeting with Ralph the manager tonight.

Should be fun. Might even see Snakes on a Plane... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home