Thursday, August 24, 2006

Squeal like a...



Back home.

Long day yesterday. Up at 5 at Johnny's in LA - off to the airport to stand in unending lines - through Chicago with an infinite lay over - delay - and stuck in the plane on the tarmac while we wait for a storm to pass - and finally back to Indiana - the waiting minivan on the curb filled with my wife, kids and dog.

It's nice.

So now comes the problems.

What's next?

And they are really not problems - because as long as you have options - you don't really have problems. And now I have options. Sometimes - too many options - but options none the less.

A writer friend - who just finished up a kick ass sci fi script that his CAA agent is reading - has some writing work for me. He is trying to get me approved as a vendor at his company. Then I need to come up with questions for his game at an incredibly high volume per week.

Waiting to hear how we are going to proceed with the movie. My agents are assumably pissed - but I am moving forward. Looks like we might get a January spot. I don't believe anything anymore till it happens - and I'm not holding my breath - cause even with the best intentions, movies can go south in a heartbeat. So who knows? Maybe this time it won't.

Gotta be getting on the phone with Paramount about the crazy philosophy project. Sounds like they are interested in me helping them get something on the air. But the idea is crazy ambitious and very wild and has lots of celebrity involvement - so who knows. I'll be talking more with my friend David about it... And we will see.

Got a call today from the recruiters. They said the company loves me - and they want to move into a honeymoon stage - giving me a 60 day contract. They want to fly me back and forth - so that I'm there 4 days a week and here three - so we shall see. If we can work out the details - then it could be interesting.

And now - the house is mine.
This is the first year that Jordan joins his sister at school full time - so normally it would just be me and the wife here - but she is in Chicago all day with my sister.

So I should be writing.

And so I shall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home