Saturday, August 26, 2006

Third row, second from the top....



Back to work?

Sigh.

It beats working for Bill.

Looks like I'll be flying back and forth to SF for the next 8 weeks. 4 days there in the office - three back here in Indiana. Funny thing is - I did this at the exact same time last year for Discovery Channel when I was teaching a class here and flying in there to produce a series.

Except that this pays better. And they are putting me up in a really great hotel. And I can walk like the 1.5 miles from there to work. Or Chinatown. Or a really nice movie theater.

So I'll get to know that city.

And I start by flying out tomorrow.

I did learn yesterday that this stupid cough I've had for the past 26 days now is because I have a small bout of bronchitis. Yeah. Go figure. Never felt bad - just couldn't seem to shake the stupid cough. But they gave me some magic pills and I'm supposed to feel better in 5 days. We shall see.

Shawn - as much my brother as he his my friend - had his birthday yesterday. Turned 33. I've known him since he was 19? And now he is pretending to be an adult. We talked at 9:30 last night and decided to go see Beerfest. Got back at 2 am. Laughed and laughed - at each other more than the movie. Time marches on quickly. We used to be kids - and now we have kids. Sigh.

Got a call from STAR1's agent finally. And I ignored it. I'll call him on Monday. I am really a bastard. Have lots of calls to make - and I don't make them. They just pile up and I run afraid. Don't know what the avoidance thing is here in the last year - but I am getting to be a genius at it. And I need to stop. Really. Please help me stop.

So today becomes a laundry day. And a packing day. Cause tomorrow is a travel day.

And it's off to be another number cruncher...

TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS......

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Blake said...

Calling people is annoying. Isn't that why we write, so we can sit alone in a room and only talk to people through a filter of carefully planned Courier dialogue?

But if we don't call people, they'll never see our ddetailed conversations. Stupid humanity.

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Emily Blake said...

Calling people is annoying. Isn't that why we write, so we can sit alone in a room and only talk to people through a filter of carefully planned Courier dialogue?

But if we don't call people, they'll never see our ddetailed conversations. Stupid humanity.

12:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home