Saturday, July 01, 2006

Not Guilty


Listen - I swear it was worse than it sounds. And if you saw what that seal was wearing? She was asking for it.

Luckily - after the judge saw the way she blew on those horns and played with that piece of fish before eating it - I plea bargained and regardless of what the Inuit Times says - I am not a registered seal offender.

Instead I was sentenced to 50 hours of community service teaching screenwriting to Eskimos. Who knew?

One already has a logline on Inktip called "30 names for snow" about a Black Detective one week from retirement who partners with a goofy but sly Eskimo to solve the riddle of the spawning salmon.

Sam Jackson is in talks.

And here I sit.

I spent yesterday and today painting the backside of linoleum to look like there are big pieces of stone on them. We do this by stretching out the 12 x 30 sheets into the grass by the shop and then try to blend three colors of paint by hand with something like a hand swiffer.

The backside of the linoleum is white - and acts like a giant reflector. The surface is so hot - my knees are completely burnt. We are supposed to be blending three kinds of paint into each stone - but the paint dries almost before we can get it onto the scalding hot surface.

And my eyes still feel like I have been staring into a flash for two days...

Bill says - Well. The art department is hard!

And yes, it is. Kudos to you in the Art Department! But as for me and my soft writerly hands - I'll head back to producing and directing... :)


ON THE SCRIPT FRONT:

After talking with my agents - it was decided that we would go out to directors as well as producers.

This holiday weekend, the script is in the hands of four semi-well known directors.

One has done thrillers before - usually involving water - and is a pretty good director. I actually like his films.

One has done a couple big horror films - one of which I was really concerned that my film would be too much like - even though it was written way before - but once I saw it was no longer worried because his film kinda sucked - and then went on to make over a 100million and spawn two sequels... So what do I know?

One is a team - who did a foreign film that did really well - but I had never heard of or seen.

One did two films that I have seen. One was OK. The other sucked - but had a pretty hot scene in it with a certain new mom that I still have on metal tivo.

So not sure at all how I felt about this - but it seems to be beginning again.

No word from former STAR1's people again. But it's probably cause his agent can't get him on the phone....

1 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

I'm gonna call you again today, sucka. Beware.

I read Exchange of Heart last night at work. I hate you.

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home