Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Red State


Back again.

I was only gone a week but it seems like a drug induced dream.

I'm never home enough to change back to normal time - but I am home enough to screw up my sleep patterns really bad. I feel as if I'm sort of walking dead - between two worlds.

I had a great time with the family - but I was dizzy for most of it. Had a lot of things I needed to do - and people I needed to talk to - but couldn't get myself together for any of it.

And before I knew it - Here I am, back in China.

Two or three silly issues with the company last week - but it seems as if they are working out.

Pulled the offer we had out on the young hot music stud after his manager sat on it for over a month. The assistant manager read the script - loved it - and recommended it to the manager. We had a cash offer on the table... and he never read it. So we pulled it.

Sent the script out to two other actors on Monday. One was the sidekick in a big summer franchise film - the other, the lead in a film that no one saw - but was quite good. We will see who responds.

My producer sent me a couple scripts last week that he is attached to. He keeps sending me stuff - and I assumed he wanted me to read them for a second opinion - so I read them as one writer to another. But then he told me that he's always looking for directors - so he wanted me to be reading them as something to consider directing.

That's a whole other ball of wax.

I hit the ground running yesterday.

Went out and bought 20+ movies here last night.

Celebrated with watching the longer, extended cut of Death Proof - the Tarantino portion of Grindhouse.

Can I say that it sucked? I can't imagine watching that at the tail end of another film. I was bored - didn't care - and couldn't believe this was the same guy who did Pulp Fiction. I remember reading an interview with him talking about how he filmed one of the greatest car chases ever done - because if he was going to do it - it better be the best.

Can I say - not. even. close?

I've about shut the book ont his guy. And that's after buying the Japanese boxed set of all his films. I love his writing. His structure. But I can't stand that film. No reason at all to see it.

Sigh.

Well. I guess I should go to work and see what the future holds for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

I don't know how you do it, dude...whens this China gig gonna be finished (or at least the China part)?

11:37 PM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Harsh words for Quentin. And I was looking forward to Death Proof. I'll still watch it, 'cause I'm a glutton for punishment.

Write something.

4:47 AM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

Last week my daughter told me that hot young music stud was totally wrong for your film. So feel good that one girl in your demo agrees you did the right thing by yanking the offer.

So cool that you might direct -- you definitely should.

I'm with you on QT. He's too distracted by his own legend now.

9:28 AM

 
Blogger the contrary owl said...

i like how your occupation has "punk" on the end. ha. i think i might steal that.

i just read back through a bunch of your posts. as far as i am concerned, your writing is great.

if i ever have to write a script im just going to read your blog for inspiration.

how long is china going to last? is it still the same thing you talked about last summer?

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home