Friday, July 20, 2007

Thrilla in Manila....


Talk about living the dream.

And people said it couldn't be done - but the Filipenos don't take no for an answer.

Who cares that they were in prison? Who cares that their idol should be as well. And if they didn't have a girl for the lead? Well - improvise, be-otch...

Anytime the man tries to keep you down - just take a look at this video and see how 1500 asian criminals respond to anyone trying to stop them from reaching for the stars.

How insanely cool is this?

Especially today.

On Harry Potter Saturday.

Even here in China - it's Harry Potter Saturday. There's a bookstore near here - and I think they'll actually have copies of the book. I'm going to go see today.

Woke up this morning - and had a nice little "lay in bed a bit longer and think about the story" morning. I've been noodling around with a non-linear idea for a month or so - just characters and themes that I like - jotting down scenes and places to go - but not at all sure yet what form the story takes place in - or what is actually going on.

Started out with a couple scenes this week. They felt good. Started to write themselves a bit.

Then I had a nice breakthrough today. Just laying there thinking about how all these people tie together - and it hit me.

I had the open.

So now I gotta write it.

Which gives me two things to look forward to: Harry Potter. Writing. No work. And another Video game party tonight.

So that makes four things.

And I'm going to be home at this time next week. Five things.

So if I find myself getting down or depressed?

More Thriller baby... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home