Friday, July 06, 2007

Live Free...


Now - with a new fourth verse!
(Language warning for those with sensitive ears...)

It's been wonderful being home for a week - and as each day ends I actually dread going back over to China more and more. I am really tired of being in that little room making tiny changes...

But it pays the bills and I don't want to seem ungrateful. But I am hungry for something new...

Yesterday and tonight I got to hang out with my good friend Shawn. Not only is he like a brother to me - he is, in fact, my brother in law. When we met, he was a punk kid and I was an older punk - and now we're both married with two kids.

We went outside my parents house yesterday and shot baskets - talking about how we used to play sometimes up to 4 or 5 hours a day. Now we got winded shooting... :) Granted - he still hits all his shots...

We went and saw Live Free or Die Hard tonight. After a bit of a slow start - I thought it was a blast. The movie rides entirely on the good will we have put into the John McKane character for three other movies - but who cares? Justin Long was great - and Bruce Willis was awesome. Three of four nice stunt sequences and a load of incredibly nonsense - coupled with the shortest drive times since 24 - and the movie was a heck of a lot of fun.

The theater wasn't too packed - so we had even more fun making comments through the whole thing like a couple of giggly schoolgirls.

With this and Transformers - I feel as if my childhood is returning.

All and all a great night.

One the movie front:

Wow.

We got turned down by the star we made our first offer too. Not sure if it was the money or the script - probably both. But today - we made another offer - and apparently the management of this new guy is really excited about the project.

We shall see. It's all funny that there is interest again in the show. Between the actors and a couple big production companies trying to track me down - I do get a bit excited... but I remember what it was like waiting for the phone to ring for two years and having the whole thing crash and burn around me...

So I ain't quitting my day job...

But it is nice to be in the game again...

More as it progresses....

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Greg -
Glad to hear that "Poker Night" is still alive. That's one I hope to see someday.
Best,
Joe

3:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home