Sunday, November 26, 2006

Victory is mine


I am not technically illiterate.

I usually do just fine.

I know enough to get by. As someone who spends at least 5-6 hours a day on a laptop - I am pretty proficient. I am still the guy my dad goes to to help him with his computer. I can figure it out by muddling through...

But there are things that just slide by. And I can't grasp.

And boy- does that get frustrating.

If you want to set me up for a bad day - have my wireless go out - or have some small problem with Final Draft... it doesn't take much... I can spend hours on the phone with tech support - simmering in frustration - only to have the problem solved and feel as if I just got a huge raise.

I have talked before about one of the greatest gifts ever given to man.

The ipod.

And the ipod begat the video ipod.

When you spend a minimum of two days a week on the plane - you love the ipod even more. And the video part is great too. I usually fly on Friday's - so I always itunes Battlestar Galatica and watch it the following Monday.

Try as I might, however - I was unable to figure out how to rip movies into Itunes. Sure there are programs out there that can do it for me - but I have to pay. And Homey don't play that. At least not yet.

So I began a rather fruitless search across the web from Indiana to San Francisco to China - downloading all sorts of programs and giving up again and again. I have several friends who do this effortlessly - but they all use Mac's - so its simple.

I am on the PC - and we don't do things the easy way.

Until now.

What if I were to tell you there is a nice and easy way to get your movies into Itunes - in two easy steps?

It worked for me and it can work for you...:)

http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/video/iPod/windows.html

If you're looking - there it is.

For me - who is heading back to China this week - now I can load up the ipod with movies and save the laptop for work... :)

I'm a happy camper today.

Except that my sister is moving - and now I have to go help her pack...:(

Oh well. Life can never be as perfect as my newly loaded ipod.

1 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

The real lesson here is that you need to stop using those ridiculous PCs. Get a Mac, for the love of Pete.

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home