Friday, October 27, 2006

When you look into the abyss...


How funny is that?

Been doing a lot of deconstruction the last few days.

I am working on taking an All-American product to an All-Asian country.

I have to find a way to contextually reapply all of the same emotional appeals that we have here to them over there.

It's not easy - but it's very interesting.

I have a lot of ideas - but it will be fun to see if this American liberal open company can have the same kind of "openess" when throwing out half of what they do here because it just isn't effective over there...

Hmmm.

Left work a bit early to do some Passport processing for Bill, my art director. Walked a couple miles in the beautiful SF sunshine yesterday. Felt really good. Picked up a couple books to try to amuse me on the plane on the way to China.

The Power of Film - by William Surber who teaches at USC.

Writers interviewing other writers - by the staff at Believer.

Also picked up Season One of the Shield. Never watched an episode - but I'm playing with another Cop idea in my head - and thought I might enjoy passing the 14 hours on the plane with the show.

Looking forward to getting home. Daughter has a birthday next week - so I'm taking her out this week. At Boarders last night, I bought her the boxed set of kids books called Bunnicula - about a rabbit vampire and the Dog and Cat that team up to solve the mystery.

The clerk was this heavily tattooed, piercings everywhere guy - and he went nuts. His face just lit up in an ear to ear smile. He read those stories as a kid and loved them. I live for moments like that.

Looking forward to China. Not looking forward to being away.

Off to another plane.

1 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

That's so funny! My last attempt at adaptation fell through, so I was just thinking about doing an adaptation of Bunnicula!




No I wasn't.

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home