Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday Leftovers


Maybe that 99cent McRib is worth a second glance...

It's Monday. Start of a big week for me.

On the job front:

I fly out to LA on Wednesday. My big interview is on Thursday. Not sure what this means - but I am actually looking forward to this. I think that this job really utilizes a lot of my gifts. Not sure where we would end up if I got it - Here, SF, LA or Beijing - but they are all in play.

Worse case scenerio:
I end up doing 50 cut down versions of a single spot in Chinese with 50 different 800 numbers.

That thought makes me want to kill myself already.

On the movie front:

While in LA I'll be meeting with STAR1's brother. That happens on Friday. We will see if I wanna get into bed with that guy.

On a similar front: the producer who first said my film was great - who brought me to a lot of different companies - who actually brought in the director who brought us STAR1 and STAR2 - the guy who was always there for me and was really the only person in the process that I ever trusted - wrote me yesterday to ask me if I was blowing him off.

I explained to him that I had been talking to STAR1's brother - and one of the conditions for working with him was that there would be no other producers on the project but him and me. I told him I wasn't staying in touch because I felt guilty - as I might actually betray him to our common enemy - and naturally I felt pretty awful about that.

Needless to say - he didn't write me back.

IN OTHER MOVIE NEWS:

My producer friend at Paramount has a meeting with me on Monday. He is also setting up a couple more meetings for me. He has a producer/manager calling me today who loved my script and wants to set it up with a big company. So that is interesting too...Weird how people come out of the woodwork...

ALSO: haven't heard a dang thing from my agents. Guess they are angry or something.

SCRIPT:

Went back over my pages yesterday. Rewrote them a bit and got them ready to take to Writers Group today. A little over 8 pages now - and there should be 10-15 by the end of today.

Feels good to write again - and be excited by it.

Actually came up with a log line for the script as well.

Added a note for a scene in my notes file. I'll give you a taste.

"DOGFIGHT, baby!"

So there it lays. Big week.

Back to my Egg McKnuckle...

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Blake said...

Oh dear God why did you do that? I have clown phobia. Seriously. I'm having a panic attack right now.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger brenderlin said...

McDonalds is the Devil. (like how I totally just glossed over the whole movie part of it and just talked about the beginning and end of your post?)

But in regards to your comment, that's my biggest mental block in writing: my lack of life experience. How the hell am I supposed to write about people with marital problems, when I'm nowhere near marriage myself? How am I supposed to write about the aging Starship Captain on the verge of retirement when I not only haven't captained a Starship, but I've never even gotten past the age of 20?

That's usually the point when I realize that I'm making excuses and should really just write. When I think about it, I really have seen a good bit of life, and I just need to pay attention as life goes by, so I can get a good grasp on the rest of it.

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home