Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sometimes you get the Bull....


And sometimes you get the horn....



I really don't feel as if I have been in this business long enough to see the ups and downs...

but I am....

Go figure.

I am still nobody - and have no right to say anything about anyone - but this is really kinda funny.

Three months ago - I related how the star that was attached to my film for two years had pulled out of the film two months away from shooting.

Two weeks ago, his agent calls me telling me that he wants back in.

Now this:

Not sure how many of you are long time readers... Ok - none of you... But if you go back a ways - you may remember a little story I told on here about a script I was asked to do a take on.

There was a director who wrote about 60 pages of the pretentious nonsense - and I told my agents it was horrible and I didn't want anything to do with it. His agent called me and begged me to talk to the director. I did - and got suckered into coming up with some ideas.

I gave my take to the director - and he told me he loved it - and wanted me to incorporate all of his ideas into mine.

I ignored him and he wrote me three months later to tell me what a jerk I was and how I shouldn't bother to come to Hollywood - seeing as how I would never make it there....

I actually saved his email to me and printed it here...

Here it is in all its simple glory:

"what´s up man. I guess you are not quite all the man they talked you
up to be.

Ii have now waited and wasted three months and I´m going to move on.

don´t come hollywood my friend--- it will not pay off in the long run."



Flash forward -

Yesterday - I get a giant email from the same director. He found out that I am going to be going out with the script.

Here is a small sampling:

I think your script is one of the best scripts I have EVER read: it's original,
unique, violent, hardcore characters and most of all told in a super exciting
way--- and these great elements are exactly why it's difficult for studios to
handle. It could be years if ever you'll get this script on the screen, but
it's different if they will just distribute it-- they are very open for that.

As you know with the studio development for your script could be torture. They
would probably take out or want to change everything that's great about it.
However, if we start making the film right now we could team up as partners and
since I'm bringing the actual cash we would have power to protect the script and
make it a movie that matters AND while in the process of doing this we can make
a deal with studios for distribution. This way you'll get the studio and you
will actually get the film that you want made.

I hope you consider this, because I LOVE the script and with my film pushed
for new casting I would have the money and the window of opportunity
right NOW to make the film. I can't wait, because I have my film waiting for
late spring. Also, I would have no problem making you a creative and a financial
partner when making it.


Anyways...

you get the point...

Life is really funny.

And perhaps the funniest part?



I'm still broke and barely employed....

But hey - I'm big in Japan....

1 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

That's freaking fantastic. So I guess that means you are, in fact, the man they say you are? Glad that's settled.

Hilarious.

Brilliant.

So very sad.

4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home