Thursday, July 13, 2006

The first step is admitting you have a problem



So this is me - yesterday.

No.
I am not a pumpkin.

But you can imagine.

My daughter was sick on Monday night. So go figure who gets sick on Wednesday.

Not my wife who took care of her.
Not my son who was stuck in the house fighting with her all day.

Me.
Who was working all day and went in to rub her back for about 10 minutes.

Anyway.

I don't like to vomit. And for all those fetishists out there who do - well.

You're gross.

Anyways.

Here is the latest.

The set is in at the studio. It looks good. Bill is still not happy - but it looks good. I'll try to throw a couple shots up here so you can see.

Script.

Had a talk with the agents the other night.

Looks like one director loves it - and four more are still reading it.

The biggest on the list is reading it in the next two days.

The way my agents wanted to break it up was to get different directors who are liked by different studios to be attached at those places alone. But the "big" director say he will only read it if he is attached everywhere.

So we said - sure... But mean, we'll see - depending on how much he likes it and what he thinks.

So its a holding pattern until we hear back from a couple more. But there is movement. Just SLOOOOOOOOW movement.

One the exciting front - I had a really weird call about a job.
Headhunters.
They sent my stuff off to another company saying they recommended 2 out of 70 or so people. I was one of them.

We will see if the company calls.

I have a new theory.

Fastest way to get movement on the script:

Get a job and make yourself unavailable. Then it all opens up.

Sigh.

I know. Almost makes you want to vomit.

ON THE HAPPY SIDE:

Check out David's page -

He has started shooting.
Lucky Bastard! He gets to hang out in swamps all day with a crazy preacher and silly yuppies.

2 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Well, this explains where you went.

I'm still a slacker. I do a couple half hours' worth of character development a week and call myself a writer. On the plus side, I'm watching lots of movies.

9:04 AM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

And what better way to spend your days, I ask you.

So, my little Pukey, are you coming to set?

They're talking about another installment of Superman already. Maybe you should offer to write it now, so you don't have to get all bent out of shape again.

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home