Monday, July 17, 2006

Inopportune times



Always.

Doesn't matter how it works. Why it works. When it works.

Mostly - it just doesn't work.

I can sit down - try to plan the story, work on the story, work on the characters, think about the scenes, dream about the script - and

Nothing.

Not a gosh darn thing.

But then - reading something else, watching something else, showering something else - and
Bang!

Inspiration.

I can just about convince myself that I am a loser, not a writer - and that nothing I do will ever amount to a hill of crap - and then - WOW! Great idea that breaks things open.

Usually has to do with anal rape or a new way to kill someone - but hey - a man in the desert don't turn down a glass of grapefruit juice...

So - nice. One thought that opens a lot of cans and releases a lot of worms.

Now all I gots to do is tie all those worms together into a story.

Well.

Off to the shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home