Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The other side of the grass


Looks so nice over there in that big warm bed....

I think it's amazing to have a slight amount of success in the business - but still not be able to afford even a small rock of crack. And I thought this was the place to sleep your way to the top!

We are pushing forward with the film. The offers are officially out to our two big stars. Star2's manager who we were having a tricky time with - surprised us all last week when she stepped up and told us we were basically there and ready to go. But this week, she is back to her crazy tricks...

Although - this time, it could really work in our favor. She had always told us that Star 2 would only come on once he saw the other names that were gonna be in the film. When she was told the names we would be going after by our mini-major - she was really happy.

But mini-major was not planning on making any more offers till they had Star 1 and Star 2 signed. But now - because of the manager - we are going to have to find out who is available off of our cast list - and go out with more offers. So while this is a tricky moment with Star 2 - and by no means does it mean anything bad with him or his camp, I'm sure he is still in the film - it is great for us, because now we are gonna have to get the rest of the cast locked up. And the more people that come on board - the more momentum you have and the more everyone gets excited -

and the more chance that there is no way anyone is gonna pull out.

So things actually are good... Its really weird - because in this business - no one really believes anything is going to happen until the check has been cashed. But I am starting to feel from those around me that they are starting to get excited. And that starts to get me excited.

Hard to believe this might actually happen.

In other news - I got sent a new action script from REALLY BIG COMPANY. My agents wrangled me a meeting with BIG PRODUCER who is doing really big films. This script was written by one guy - had revisions by two others - and they are still having trouble with it.

So who do they call?

Well - probably a bunch of people. But after my wonderful agents bend, break, kidnap and maim certain family members - they also decide to call me.

The problem with the script - and believe me - there are problems - is the bad guy. His motivations, his actions - and just really him in general. There are other problems - but there is also an incredible amount of good things as well. The script and dialog are good. When you read it - it just stands up as very professional - and makes you wonder why you call yourself a writer...

But they still didn't get it right... HA! So we will see if I can think like a bad guy and figure out what my big elaborate plan would be to save the script. And if they think I might give them something useful.

Or if I am just another idiot throwing two cents.

(Don't answer that...)

Till then - I'll be the big dog in a little basket - dreaming of being the comfortable basket.

3 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

I don't even want to know about the midgets.

I swear I'm going to work on stuff today. If I can scratch up the time, I'll read the REALLY BIG COMPANY's script.

And no, my new schedule isn't working out. I'm back to the old one. And I like it, so bite me.

:)

12:19 PM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

I kinda want to know about the midgets.

Here's all you have to do to fix the bad guy. Make it a bad GIRL, cast Gina Gershon, and stick with the TIGHT ON MOUTHs... you'll be fine.

By the way Greg, you're right about that Ryan. He's a mean bastard.

3:14 PM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Such is my reputation elsewhere. At least you guys are catching on quick.

I don't know if I'm on board with Gina Gershon. I think I'd like to see Penelope Cruz in a bad girl role.

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home