Tuesday, April 04, 2006

limbo limbo limbo



It never comes down to a phone call. Ever. And I knew that. I should have known that. Why don't I know that?

The call came and went. We are supposed to have another today. And I'm sure there will be one tomorrow. And the next day. But eventually one day - someone will have to stick out their necks and make a decision. I guess it gets harder and harder to do when millions of dollars are at stake.

We were in a great position. Star One's film had fallen on hard times and was getting pushed. We don't know for how long. And we had Star Two on hold - sort of. He was being a bit more coy - probably because he is an even bigger star. But he always said he wanted to do it - even though his people said he needs to know who else is in the film first.

So the mini major knew that. That Star Two wouldn't sign until everyone else is on board. And we couldn't get others on board till we were going and had some dates... Thus - Kobiashi Maru - no way to win.

I assumed - and hoped - that mini major would cave and say - hey - lets just get this going and we will be able to make it all work once we get started. But apparently I had been mistaken. It seems as if they will not go forward without Star Two - or a comparable star - signed and ready to go.

So talking with my producer counterpart yesterday - we were not in the best of situations. But lo and behold - Star Two wrote in and said that he had a window of time available at the end of our window. We would have to push things just a bit more - but - if all the stars line up - we should be able to do it.

Now we have to go back to Star One and see if he can push his schedule just a little more - and then approach Star Two's people and see if he told them that he wants to do this still and that he is available for us. And then we need to see if we can get him to sign...

Dear God.

How the heck does anything ever get done in this town?

On the writing front - did Ok yesterday. Got my pages and things seem to be taking a nice turn. Had a great meeting with Ryan yesterday and he helped me rough sketch out the last half of the film.

David sent me a soundtrack for the script to help me with the rewrite - that was really freaking cool... Community is so awesome and cool.

Also heard from my agents yesterday - apparently there is another script I might get a chance to do a take on. I asked if the company - which I had done a take for previously - had asked for me or if they had to push to get me on. He said - "ah... Well no one just asks for you yet..." So there you go... :)

So everytime I think I'm at rock bottom - I find I can keep going lower...

so Limbo limbo limbo.... :)

3 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

I'm going with sheep …

Dana is so cutely optimistic about this whole thing. It's very refreshing. I'm probably somewhere between her and you.

It's going to happen. One day. Meanwhile, crank those pages, Monkey!

10:10 AM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

P.S. Instigator. I've got your Alex Prose right here.

10:12 AM

 
Blogger greg said...

For those coming late - Ryan wrote an excellent article on why church marketing sucks...

http://www.churchmarketingsucks.com/archives/2006/04/church_advertis_1.html

Check it out... and leave a comment. I did... as Alex Prose... see if we can generate some controversy... :)

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home