Monday, May 28, 2007

Family Time


Nothing says "I love you" more than a quick game of ring around the crocodile...

I'm home. And trying not to sleep.

I hung out with my son playing Lego Star Wars.
We watched Transformers.
We watched a cat eat with a fork.



I laid next to my daughter as she explained why she had no clothes she liked in a room full of clothes.
I listened to her talk about which of her paintings she wants to show at the art show this week.
We read the story of the little girl and the Sea Monster. She giggled manically when the little girl gets eaten.

I sat with my wife.
Cleaned up the house a bit together.
Listened to the Kevin Smith/Scott Mosier Podcast together. Laughed like fools.
Watched the final episode of Lost - even though she swore she wouldn't.
Smiled at each other across the room - catching each others eye in a room full of people and remembered why we like each other.

Ate pizza with my parents.
Just hung out and smiled.
Watched a movie together. Just enjoying being there.

Played outside with my dog.
Through her rubber chew toy while she chased it.
Crashed in my bed in the middle of the day - with her curled up next to me.
Went out to eat breakfast with the family - while she she guarded the drivers seat of the van - leaning out to lick passerbys...

Went to my oldest friend's house tonight.
Ate hot dogs and chips.
Played Wii and got my butt kicked in Boxing all three rounds by my son.
Got beat at everything else by Shawn.
Sat and talked shop - just enjoying speaking English with a great friend.
Remembered what its like to be social.

Dear God - it is so good to be home.

1 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Welcome back~~

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home