Saturday, May 05, 2007

You can't handle the truth


...or "they" can't anyway.

If your company asks you how you really feel - here's some advice.

Don't tell them.

If I only I could listen.

In a great conversation yesterday - where they were reaching out to me - the disenfranchised Chinese Producer - they told me they really just wanted to help me. To support me. To enable me to do my job better.

I said "Really? Cause it seems to me you just want to put a thumb on my back and keep me down. All you want to do is control me."

Hmmm.

Anyone wanna place bets on how long I have a job for?

Super Genius!

I took my wife and dad to Spiderman 3 last night.

What happened to Spiderman? He has always been my most favorite comic character. A web slinging smart ass. And now they were bringing in Venom? And Sandman? And Gwen Stacy? Um... that's a lot of villians. And Characters. And the new Goblin?

And it seemed really long. Granted we went right at my bedtime in Beijing - but the last thing you should be feeling in a $250 million dollar summer movie is tired - no matter what time zone you're in.

Yes. There were boring parts. Yes. There were more men crying in that film that in the last 30 movies I've seen all put together. Yes - there was nothing more awkward and uncomfortable than the emo Toby Maguire. It was painful and not funny. The sequence at the jazz club felt like it was out of a Zucker Brothers movie - except that it wasn't funny.

But the action?

Um. Very nice. Just not enough of it.

And is it just me or does Spiderman have a huge double chin? Like really big! My wife tapped mine when I brought it up - but I explained to her that I'm not Spiderman.

I'm just the big middle finger.

Maybe I can weasle my way into the next movie...

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily Blake said...

Dammit. That's what I was afraid of as soon as I saw the first Spiderman post on Ain't it Cool.

Too many villains. Didn't we learn anything from Batman?

I'll go see it anyway. But maybe I don't have to rush.

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home