Thursday, December 14, 2006

Trust me, I'm fine



Series of meetings yesterday.

Mostly business - and the future shoots for this show. Between the time I got the gig and now - there is a whole new office in Shanghai that is set up to run the business here in China. They brought in a guy from Germany who has lived here a long time to take care of things - but he was brought in a only a month ago - so yesterday we had the "why did you do things this way because we think that's a really bad idea" meeting. Those meetings are my favorite because with hindsight - everything looks a lot different and all of my brilliant decisions can be rendered as idiotic.

Thank you so much for that - yes... I was so stupid and didn't realize it until you were here to point it out to me.

So after a four hour beating - we finally came to some conclusions - mostly that we did what we had to do to get the ball rolling - and moved forward. To somewhat great sucess - I think. We shall see.

Went to the studio and saw our 6 half build sets. They should be really cool. Lots of pretty colors. Might even try to post some shots if I can.

One the way back to Beijing from the studio - its about an hour outside the city - one of the girls from the office in Shanghai told me the number two guy would like to meet me tonight after the shoot for drinks.

I told her I don't really go for drinks - even with my friends.

She said - he just wants to talk.

I said - since we're starting at 6am today - I'll be very tired and still have a lot to get done before tomorrow.

She finally said - he wants to talk about what you're shooting. The script. On Friday night. Before we start shooting on Saturday.

Sigh.

I told her it was a little late for that.

But I do love the fact that there is bureaucracy all around the world.

So today should be great. I think. I hope. I pray. Freaking cold - combined with what I'm sure is the tiniest bit of "healthy" stress - kept me awake most of the night. So I'm facing the day in the happiest of ways...



Back to my life of danger - narrowly avoiding car crashes and well meaning clients...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home