Saturday, December 09, 2006

Happy Dance


Feeling good today.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm actually getting a bit of sleep.

Instead of the customary 4-5 hours a night I had for the first week - I suddenly passed the 6 hour mark and even slept 7 hours on Friday night.

Woke up at 5:30 today - but it was a good feeling. At least it wasn't 3...

Went to the lobby and met John - my intrepid DP who flew in all night from LA. He told me that George Clooney and Don Cheadle were on his flight and he saw them hanging out at the baggage claim. What the heck are they doing here?

We did a bit of location scouting yesterday.
We saw 4 office spaces to shoot in. The most of any location we asked to see. And this after the art director here told us the first choice we saw was the only one. And it sucked pretty bad.

Jade made a call and suddenly we were in an architectural firm and the place looked great. Easy choice.

Today we sit and lock in the four locations, look at the set designs, lock in lights and lenses, narrow down the actors, and get ready to jump in on Friday. It's always a race that runs down to the last second in production - but with Bill and John here and my crack team of Chinese experts - I feel as if I have plenty of arrows in my quiver. Just can't really see the target yet....

Did I mention that I love China? This is a great place and the people are amazing. Each day, my Chinese comes back a bit more and I feel really good. I like it here - the only thing I don't like is that I'm not with my family. That really breaks my heart.

Been too busy for any writing or movie watching - but I hope to remedy that.

Really. I'm not kidding.

Till then - I'm smiling. And doing my happy dance.

Next time I promise to wear pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home