Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I poop toast


What's your superpower?

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to sleep. Although the drugs are no longer working - and Emily's thoughts about hiring a big man with muscles to clobber me each time I woke up - were very kind - and even though I did wake up at 3:30 this morning - I actually fell back asleep until an entirely respectable 6 am today.

Wow.

It was nice! High Five!

And the quagmire was broken. Had a really nice talk with the powers that be and they were fully supportive and actually excited about our ideas and were interested in seeing how they were being carried out.

So we're back in business.

Location scouted most of the day yesterday. Although we did start out with a little trip to buy a new camera. Director Hu has brough 8 of his friends to a little out of the way camera shop to purchase a new Panasonic Digital Camera called the Lumix LX2. Very nice little piece that I added to my arsenal. Thank you perdiem... :)

We went to three or four Chinese dance clubs and a few restaurants searching for the right ones to shoot in. Don't think we've found them yet... but I feel as if we're getting closer.

Today is a big meeting with everyone - including wardrobe and make-up - to make sure we're on the same page and getting ready for next weekend. I turned in the last script for the shoot - and we are moving on all fronts. Just not sure where yet... but moving nonetheless.

Evening ended here at the Executive Level Happy hour with Bill downing a couple glasses of wine, Jade knocking back two or three Absolut Citrons on the rocks, Ting cleaning up three plates of appetizers and me drinking orange juice and telling stories of our first TV series here in China.

A fun time was had by all.

On the DVD front:

Almost finished with Season Two of the Office. Very Nice. A bit uncomfortable - but great. Watched Todd Field's Little Children. Not a fun movie - but WOW. This guy is a filmmaker. You don't have that happy feeling in your stomach when its over - but it is a great film.

On the Movie front:

Rising once again like a Phoenix from the ashes:

My film is back out again. Agents actually talking to me again. And it's going to my top choice of an actor. For the first time. It'll be interesting to see what happens as a result of this... but for now - I couldn't be more happy. I've seen it grow, get green lit, have a start date and all come crashing down - but there is still a little hope left in me - and seeing it start up again makes me smile.

SO - now its time for breakfast. Right after I pinch this loaf....

2 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Good news that the film's being reenergized.

Just one thing: when you have the meeting with the Star, don't wear the toast outfit.

Go with the croissant. Way hipper.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Always with the toast.The Jadester and I've come up with the greatest skit EVER for that.

-Natalie(blog: my evil circus)

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home