Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I apologize in advance


But I can't help myself.
I've been alone for 18 days and all I have left is my manatee...

Shot lists are done.

Tried to watch a pirated Borat last night - and it serves me right - the whole movie was in Russian.

No English.

What was really kind of interesting was that there actually was English Subtitles - that on a whole other "meta" level were not at all accurate - but even more outrageous that the original dialog...

Big scout today.

We hit the ground running - seeing every location in the order of shooting - and then heading back to the production office to bring in all the actors and get them made up and in wardrobe for final approvals.

Should be interesting to see everyone together.

And to see what they did to my scripts. I wrote everything in English - had it translated by Ting - our assistant. She said that I would be very proud of her translations as they were great. But not so - according to our Chinese partner. They are translating it further so that it sounds more like how they would talk.

So today should be interesting to see how they would say some of the slangy things that I wrote would sound in Chinese. Kinda meta too - probably exactly like Borat's shaky English being translated into Russian and back again into English...

Should make for some exciting miscommunication and comedy.

On an extremely different tip - Bill and I had a discussion about Comedy yesterday and its place in theology. What does God think of laughter? What is the point of laughter? Is it the best medicine? Or does it serve the same purpose as drugs?

Is there vicimless humor - because I contend that all comedy derives at someones expense...

If that hurts your brain too much - as it did mine...

www.hornymantee.com

Let him who is without sin....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home