Friday, December 01, 2006

Hungry much?



Took my sleeping pills last night - but they only worked part way.

Woke up at 3. Wanted to sleep again - but my brain started racing around the ideas I'm working on and wouldn't let me settle down.

So here I am.

Arrived at 4 yesterday. Uneventful trip - just narrowly escaped Chicago before the snow storm. Slept most of the way - but did have time to watch one movie - INVINCIBLE - on the plane. WOW! I am a sucker for emotional films - especially when away from the family - and I found myself getting a bit teary during a couple scenes. Great movie - and it's just barely about football. Can't wait to watch it again...

Wow. Can't believe I said that... :)

Also watched the Matador yesterday during my 5 hour layover in Chicago. Fun film. Weirdly structured - but great performances from Pierce and Greg.

I was going to join the Director as soon as I hit the ground for the annual Friday night Basketball game - but it didn't work out. I got dressed and went for a cab - but there was some sort of big wig shindig here at the hotel and the cab line was long. I waited for 20 minutes - and froze to death. Dang it's cold here. The wind comes down off the Gobi dessert from Siberia and freezes everything in its path.

Me included. I just went back to the room and fell asleep.

Today we have a morning meeting on the state of the shoot. Bill comes in tonight and I get him to hook up with the Chinese Art Director and we'll see how things work.

In the mean time - I've been writing again. And I'm going back to it now.

More from China later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home