Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday Ramblings

Is it too early in this blog to already have a day of disconnected rambling?

Saw the Inside Man this weekend. I really liked it. When someone tells you it twists and turns, however, don't listen. There really isn't any twists in this movie at all. It is just a straight up, fun film. If anything - the momentum runs out a bit early - as the ending plays out a bit too long. I was most excited to see Spike use the one camera trick from him that I have stolen for at least two commercials: put a guy on the dolly ride him away from the action. It is quite disconcerting.

Still trying to decide what to do about my new script. Thinking hurts my tiny brain. I think that I will sit down and do a basic outline and look at what I am thinking of and see if I can really be inspired or not. If I think of it like a TV series - I am probably better off... That way I can just look at it like another episode - instead of telling myself that I am just selling out and ruining a really good idea... I guess what ever lets you sleep at night...

Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out this week with my film. Big star says he is going to tell his people that he wants to do our film now. That we should get started right away... Of course - I am hearing this second hand. So who knows? But I am hoping...

Been reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Story of a kid who left home after college - gave away everything he had and tried to live alone in Alaska. After 4 months - he was found dead. Really majorly depressing. Perfect for a movie, right? That's what Sean Penn thinks - he is directing it this summer... If my movie doesn't get rolling - I'll be working on it.

Was looking through my links last week - and stumbled across an article that I really liked. I saved it cause I thought there was a movie story in there somewhere. There was a set of producers that I really clicked with - and we tried to develop a couple things - but it never really worked out. We agreed to keep looking for things. On a whim - I sent them the article - and they loved it. They called right away. Right now they are doing more research - trying to find out more - but they are really excited. Problem is - if they like it - I'll probably have to write it! Gasp!

Talked with one of my producers this weekend. She has a book she is about to option and thinks I'd be great to write the story. She is really sweet and in an incredible position right now. I told her that I was a whore and all I needed was a job... :)

My buddy Blair has his blog up. Its confederama.blogspot.com. Check it out. He is going to try to be more disciplined about his writing. As are we all my friend.

I am determined to learn how to use blogger better and learn how to set up links. I have tried and failed three times so far... Sigh....

Today is Monday. I am off to the gym after I drop the kids off at school. I am most looking forward to meeting with my writers group today - because Ryan has been sick for a week. Sometimes our meetings are more like therapy- but they get me through the week.

It's great to begin the week with promise - let the disappointment come later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home