Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Friday Friday....


I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today....


I can't believe another work week has passed. Can you feel the anxiety in the air? No? Well...Trust me, it's there. I am so happy I get to spend another weekend telling people we should know something more next week...

Some quick notes of updates:

Movie is still moving forward. We are getting ready to go out to STAR5 and STAR6 with offers - BUT STAR2's agent was being a real mean bastard person who made me want to go home and bite my pillow...We kept hoping that mini-major would use some of their weight to stand up to said agent and her agency - but they did not seem as if they wanted to. So - I wrote a little letter to them explaining how I had heard things worked at other companies and was really unsure as to why this wasn't happening at their company - because they were very respected and had BIGGEST STAR ever as the head of their company - so why would they let a little agent at a little agency push them around?

Well. Now I had gone and done it.

After radio silence for a day - I got a note back saying they - meaning the VP and the biz affairs guy - were going in for a meeting with the big cheese. Later we heard that the big cheese would be calling said agency and we would be kept in the loop as to the results of that call.

So there you go.

Either the agency will give us positive news - or everyone will be really pissed. So go figure...It's all good for us either way. All action is good action at this point.

But - in keeping with a web of lies tradition - we usually get encouraging news on Friday - we rejoice through the weekend - and then follow it up with a week of silence...Where we grind back to square one... But who knows - We should know something next week...

IN OTHER NEWS:

Pitched my take on the Japanese story to the producer on the phone yesterday. She didn't really seem that excited at first - but hard to read someone without seeing their reactions in person. The more we talked - the more she warmed to it. We have an assignment to watch a movie over the weekend... So I dropped it in my queue with the hope it will arrive - cause you can't get jack in Indiana unless its King Kong...

I think I have a break on my BIG PRODUCER's STORY.

I came up with lots of clever ideas - but they were all in service of a faulty concept. What we might call gilding the lily- or shining the turd. But I think I have found a way around the issue - which can make for a really cool - dynamic story... Or - as cool and dynamic as a grantedly bad idea can be in the first place...I'm sure I will have a few of you on the phone today - pitching away to see what you think... And see if I have completely lost my mind - or if it is really a decent idea...But right now I have that "just woke up with brilliance on my mind cause I solved my script problem MacGyver style" type feeling - and I want to enjoy it for a second.

Yeah. Wow. That was nice.

Ok. You're right. The idea sucked.

Anyone see where those Ninja's got to?

3 Comments:

Blogger Fun Joel said...

Welcome to the Scribosphere, my friend. Best of luck with the movie, and everything else! And thanks for popping by my little piece of web real estate!

10:31 AM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

Don't fall for it, dude.

The guy's family didn't REALLY get kidnapped by Ninjas. I think he's trying to con you.

Good thing you have me around.

To that end, if you need me to throw some of my considerable industry weigght around, I can call that agent and let her know the dealio.

For you, anything.

2:40 PM

 
Blogger YAJC said...

Corky -

No worries, we love you.... and if that does not comfort you. I know a ninja. Someone in pajamas and branding throwing stars should not to be trifled with.

11:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home