Thursday, April 20, 2006

Brother... Can you spare....


Hey... No worries... I got a job! And I get to combine my two favorite things:

Begging and being naked!

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

To have these problems is a wonderful thing.

To be in this situation is a wonderful thing.

As long as I can keep up with my E-meter readings, I can keep the evil thetans from filling me with evil depressing thoughts.

As long as the voices in my head keep me from killing anyone else - I will be fine.

As long as I stop hanging out with Whitney and put the pipe down - I can be a better person.

As long as I keep that look of panic and desperation out of my eyes, I can still make green - cause no one likes a desperate trick.

As long as I keep my friend from taking a dump in the back of the coffee shop - I can still steal internet and make posts.

Perspective.

The business is tough. The finish line keeps moving. You think you are almost all the way there - and you come around a corner to see it is still a long ways off. I've got it all on the line here. Everything is in play.

I am all in.

But it still isn't enough. Coming from the commercial world and the TV world - you learn that with a little money and a strong force of will - you can really accomplish a lot. At least on my lowly level.

But here - in the thin air the big boys play in - those things are in short supply. No one wants to be the guy that makes things happen... They want to wait for the planets to align in the most fortuitous way possible - and they have no problem holding out until they do. To force someone's hand or even call their bluff are seen as an affront.

I really don't belong here.

Man - I really wish I was one of those people who were able to compartmentalize everything. So that I could just put this film out of my mind and work on the other projects while I wait for this one to "put itself together..." But I don't think it works like that. Not for me. Instead I love any opportunity to apply all my worry and anxiety to one thing and one thing only.

But thank God for friends. Shawn tried to sympathize. Ralph lent an ear. Ace got kicked off American Idol... So there really is a God.

Well... Got go. Here comes another car - and a naked guy with a laptop is not nearly as pathetic as a naked guy without a laptop....

Time to shake the money-maker....

2 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Maybe what you need to do is shift the focus of your anxiety.

Try this one on for size.

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel in Blacksburg, about to go tour Virginia Tech with my daughter, who in a few short months IS GONNA LEAVE ME AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO PROTECT HER ANYMORE.

So think about that. All too fast it'll be your kids.

You want anxiety? I got anxiety for you...

8:38 AM

 
Blogger YAJC said...

I am sorry I did not realize that things had gotten so bad...I guess I should have paid more attention to your crys for help....what with the pill popping and now prostitution.

I can send you a sock - I would send two, but the damn washin machine...as it is getting warmer here and sandals are in season, now...though they seem to frown on me being barefoot in the OR. :(

.…so your tube sock is in the mail.

*sigh

8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home