Sunday, September 17, 2006

Family Time


Is getting scarce.

Got in late last night. Get to enjoy the day today - then its back to SF tomorrow.

Next weekend is fast too - and then off to China for a week and a half.

Sigh. Gonna end up going faster and faster.

This is budget week- so we'll see how that goes over. I'm sure it's like a lead balloon. They spend high on domestic and low on international. Right now - we're the bastard stepchild. Until we start raking it in - we will always be that way.

But even a dog gets to eat scraps from the masters table.

I did get a chance to write some this week. Just another scene. But I like it. Passed out a few pages here and there - and the response is good. Just needed a quick affirmation to keep the fire burning.

I have the Midwest thing about downplaying everything. Its sort of a reverse sell - and it works - IF you can get someone to read your script. What it means is that your pitch usually sucks - but they like the script. Or at least that happens with me. I usually have a decent story that unfolds in an interesting way. The style and how the story is told elevate it beyond what it seems to be. SO a standard cop/serial killer movie becomes more interesting for the way its told - as opposed to how its pitched.

So the usual comments I get on my stuff tend to be more like - Hey. That sucks.

or...

Hey - that's way better than it sounded.

so that gives me something to work on.

Beyond that:

Nothing on the movie. STAR1's agent called me - I missed it. I called him back - he was on a plane to Toronto. I just need to call the brother and work things out.

Other than that - its all work and no play - and that makes Greg a little cranky.

But today will be great. Church and lawn mowing. Wheeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home